Thursday 3 May 2012

Colne Spring Show


Tom's Carole Lombard
 

Doctor Hugh

 


Doctor Hugh, Desdemona, Gay Kybo
 


 













Downpatrick

My next show was to have been Ramsbottom but the weather after Catforth messed up things first with a heatwave and then torrential rain. However, Tom Alty did go and said he was made very welcome there. The next weekend I had a choice of going to the Bartop or to Colne. As I had to leave early to go on to Blackpool for some dancing, I chose to go to Colne as vases were supplied there so I didn't have to bother about taking my own vases but then asking someone else to collect them for me at the end.


Tom's favourite Stanway




At Colne, the exhibitors included Alan Greenwood at his last ever show, Tom, Rosie, myself and a couple of other bulb fans. Alan came out on top in the big class and received a special award which was most fitting considering the support he has given this show over the years. I managed a medal for best bloom in show with a rather large Doctor Hugh. Tom did very well as usual.







Tehidy












No comments:

Post a Comment