Thursday 11 May 2017

Ramsbottom Spring Show




The next day, Sunday 9th April, I was off to Ramsbottom for another show. With the same flowers, but in slightly different order, I managed to win the Championship three vases of three (see below). 








I was lucky enough to win the six class (note the leaves Andrew!)





The one Division 4 came my way with a Bala.




There were only two entries in the threesomes class and of course I was second.




The Loch Alsh and Loch Assynt did well









and the Bell Rock came second.




My two entries in the three Div 4s came first and second. Seagrave above




and Bala.



I got a third with these  Trecarra which have yet to get me a first anywhere as they are a bit rough.





There were some nice baskets




and some nice Pacific Rim from Ken Ellis.




Here are a few close-ups of some of the better blooms.





























Not the biggest entry I've ever seen at Ramsbottom as the season has been an early one and some had flowered out but a fair show of daffodils. Jim Foote deservedly got the medal for the most points. Well done, Jim. I think he had something like 12 firsts to my nine.


No comments:

Post a Comment